Dos For Brazilian Wax
- Exfoliate and hydrate the area waxed to avoid ingrown hair.
- Let your waxer know before your appointment if you have any allergies, health conditions, or are taking any medication. Accutane, or any topical lotions or creams like AHAs or Retin-A, are not compatible with Brazilian wax or sugar.
- Attend regular waxing treatments, to better help reduce pain and ingrown hair.
Don’ts For Brazilian Wax
- Swim, tan, or workout for 24 hours after waxing.
- Use products that contain alcohol on the waxed area.
- Shave between waxes because that distorts the hair growth cycle.
- Apply lotion right before the waxing treatment.
- Trim hair too short (hair length should be 1/4-inch).
- Let the hair grow too long, causing an increase in the pain.
- Take alcohol (and other stimulants such as caffeine) prior to waxing, stimulants tighten the pores.